There are 6 things that I recommend that you do everyday if you’re trying to shed off some pounds, or at least almost everyday and they are as follows.
- Water: I can never overemphasize the importance of drinking enough water everyday, not just for weight loss purposes but also for a healthier body. water has zero calories for one and it also provides the needed hydration, sometimes we notice that we may think were hungry but once we drink water that feeling of hunger is gone, that’s because we were just dehydrated and not necessarily hungry. I say it’s a yes from me.
- Have a cup of positiviTEA: Teas especially green tea, is known for its ability to boost metabolism. Tea does contain caffeine and catechins (natural antioxidants said to increase energy and help burn fat), it also aids to helps boost metabolism. When I was trying to lose weight I used to have green tea with lemon at least every morning and night and I still do same till date, at least once a day.
- Have some protein with every meal: why are proteins so good and why do blogs and fitness trainers preach so much about protein? That is because protein helps keep you fuller in-between meals while simultaneously boosting your metabolism. A higher protein intake actually increases levels of the satiety (appetite-reducing) hormones GLP-1, peptide YY and cholecystokinin, while reducing your levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin.
- Fiber is your friend: A study published in today’s Annals of Internal Medicine suggests that something as simple as aiming to eat 30 grams of fiber each day can help you lose weight, lower your blood pressure, and improve your body’s response to insulin just as effectively as a more complicated diet. Healthy sources of fiber include grains like oatmeal, vegetables, legumes, fruits and nuts.
- Dream of your dream body: getting enough sleep every night is very important when trying to lose weight, study shows that sleep deprived people tend to gain more weight than people getting enough amount of sleep. Just think of it like if you’re awake you’re more likely to be tempted to take a stroll to the kitchen, we don’t want that now do we?
- Move: we all know by now that some level of physical activity is very important for weightloss, be it taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or parking far and walking a longer distance to your destination, or taking a walk with your dog every evening, it is important to simply Move if you’re trying to burn fat.
These are the things I personally try to do every single day to lose weight and maintain my weight, and I can proudly say that they work for me and they will work for you too. It’s as simple as having 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning and before every meal throughout the day, having a cup of green tea with your oatmeal or brown bread for breakfast, having that some chicken breast and salad for lunch and then taking a walk in the evening then having some beans for dinner and also trying to get enough sleep at night.